Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Day 2010


We started the day with a cold, windy 5k. The three youngest kids were going to ride in joggers for the run, but it was so stinking cold! We left four of the kids with Jason, and Carter insisted he wanted to ride, even in the cold. It was a great run. I ran hard and felt good about my time, especially considering I was pushing a double jogger into the wind nearly the whole way. It felt like I was pushing a sailboat against the wind. Yeah, tough. It felt so good when I was done. Kristen and Aaron were awesome. They don't run regularly, they just jumped in and ran a 5k...pretty impressive if you ask me.


This is my dreamboat, putting the herb rub on the turkey. He thought it was a gross job, but somebody had to do it. Lily was pretty much grossed-out by the sight of the raw turkey too. It turned out sooo delicious.


I made my aunt Lynn's make-ahead butterhorn rolls. Aaron and I first tasted them 12 years ago and were hooked. My children are hooked on them too. I daresay, Jason and Kristen and their kids are probably hooked too.


Pie. Yum.


Pumpkin pie. We made my favorite pumpkin pie. It's not too strong and pumpkiny...it's just right. We also made a pecan pie, for the first time. I used a butter (as opposed to corn syrup) recipe. It turned out so yummy.


No pie...just ice cream.


Ice cream too.


Ice cream!

Sweetness.


This little guy loves playing in the dishwasher. If we were working in the kitchen, he was nearby...either playing at the dishwasher or in the pantry.

It was a wonderful Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Sounds like you all had a great day!! I couldn't get all the pics to load, so I couldn't see all that you posted. :(

Melinda Ford said...

Awesome Jill! Glad you all had a fun time without us! :( I can't see all the pics either, but I'm sure they're awesome! Would love to see if it ever gets loaded! :)