Saturday, November 27, 2010

Love it!


I love this movie! My expectations going into the theater weren't extremely high for a few reasons: 1. the last few Disney princess movies were only so-so, 2. the trailers had a slap-stick feel to them, which I don't enjoy, and 3. the title was rather random, not classic. I got the impression this was just a shot at Disney having one more thing to market. But I was wrong! I completely agree with my sister-in-law when she said this is the best princess movie since The Little Mermaid.

I love this movie! The characters are lovable and engaging, the music is fantastic, the art is beautiful, and the story is the traditional Rapunzel fairy tale, with a super fun twist. I loved it and am itching to go see it again.


*Spoiler alert!* If you haven't seen Tangled yet, go see it then come back and finish reading my post!


My family saw the movie with my brother and his family who were in town for Thanksgiving. Curiously, my beautiful long-haired blonde and their adorable short-haired brunette resemble the lovely princess.

5 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

Well, I have not seen the movie yet, but I totally agree that these two beautiful and adorable little girls are TRUE princesses!

Pam said...

I liked it, too! Didn't even feel bad about paying full price for the whole family. :)

RSP said...

I'm glad you saw it already! I agree with it all- I thought changing the name was ridiculous (and still do) and that the previews were terrible. BUT I found it interesting that you mentioned The Little Mermaid because my dad said- "I will remember seeing this movie for the first time the way I remember seeing The Little Mermaid for the first time. Nothing since has left such an impression." Totally agree- and you know how much I LOVE The Little Mermaid! The story was amazing. I loved every second. Tyson loved it too. I told him I wanted to go see it again and he didn't even roll his eyes ;) We also commented a few times on how Lily looks a lot like Rapunzel. I'll have to start looking for some fun Rapunzel things!

Cheryl said...

I can't wait to see it!!

Kelly said...

I loved it, too! It is now my favorite Disney movie (not counting Pixar movies) and I think its success has to do with the fact that former Pixar producer John Lasseter was the producer. I was not excited to see it since the trailers showed the least-funny parts of the movie, but I was more than pleasantly surprised. I actually got an "Aladdin" vibe from some of the musical numbers.

I got such a kick out of the princess cousins!

Kelly