Monday, November 1, 2010

Meow, woof, purr!

The dog catcher was about to snatch up these cute little cats and dog, but I, the benevolent veterinarian that I am, rescued them and took them into my home forever.

We had lots of fun brainstorming ideas and then making our costumes this year. Lily and Hazy were perfect little cats and Carter was a ferocious dog.


Lily chose 11 sparkly jewels to adorn her collar. And she loved wearing makeup for the big night.


Carter is scared to death of real dogs but made a fabulous one himself! His little face was so cute all painted up!


What can I say, this little darling is adorable! When I painted her face she thought I was trying to feed her. She kept trying to eat the brush!

We had lots of fun at our church Halloween party, a friends' party, and then trick-or-treating on Halloween night. We have way too much candy. I've got to find a way to get rid of some (a lot!) of it without the kids knowing. If you have any sneaky tips you'd like to share, let me know!

12 comments:

Kateastrophe said...

I'm sad I missed the ward party, the pics all look so fun!

I just heard the best idea for getting rid of extra candy. My friend has her kids pick out five or ten of their most favorite candies and they get one a day or something like that. Then they put their candy bag at the bottom of their bed and the Trick-or-Treating fairy comes and trades them all that candy for a special prize. I thought it was the cutest thing ever so I thought I'd share!

Cheryl said...

You could eat the candy when they're not looking...show them by example what happens when you eat too much sugar.... HYPER-MOM!!!!!

Cute idea for family themed costumes.

jor-kel said...

I love the story of your costumes. Very creative. I love creativity.
Tips about getting rid of candy? Follow Mom's example. When we were little, Mom always wanted to "put some of the candy away and save it for our school lunches." The interesting thing is, is that I don't remember ever getting any candy in my school lunches. We should ask Mom what happened to all that candy. Maybe Dad got it in his lunches or Mom ate it...

RSP said...

I like Kate's idea, but thought I'd share this one anyway-
My friend has her kids count out all their candy and then take out 10% for candy tithing and give it to the bishop. Then he can replenish his candy bowl when people come to his office.

Kristy's Garden said...

What a cute family! Oh my goodness... I want those 2 kitty cats and doggy. You did a fantastic job with all your costumes. It's good Lily doesn't wear makeup too often because she looks like a teenager (and she knows how to pose) About the candy... it freezes very well in freezer bags and Jordy... don't you remember all the candy you would have to take with you to the school movies during the summer... well that's where it all came from! Thanks for sharing your Halloween pictures. Love you and miss you all.

jor-kel said...

This is Kelly. If you go to realsimple.com they have dessert recipes that use Halloween candy, like peppermint patty brownies...although these other ideas are way more creative!

Kristen Ford said...

cute cute kids.
-Jason

The Green's said...

Lilly is huge! Your kids are adorable!

Romney Family said...

How fun you all looks so great!!!

Jaren Ford said...

Today is your Birthday



HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!

Kristen Ford said...

happy Birthday Jill!!!
-Jason

Lisa said...

Super cute family costume ideas!! You must have married the Robison who likes to dress up (or maybe I got the one who doesn't)! Gracie wanted Tim to be a pumpkin, he did wear an orange sweater....Anyway, darling darling darling!!