Thursday, November 4, 2010

Grandpa Clark

As soon as we got home from Flagstaff, the kids and I turned around and headed up to Utah for my Grandpa Clark's funeral. It's sad for those of us left behind, but Grandpa was ready to move on. While we miss Grandpa, his funeral provided the opportunity to get together with lots of family. I loved seeing my Grandma Clark, my dad, aunts and uncles, cousins and their cute kids. I absolutely loved the time with my family. It was a short trip and there was not enough time with them all!


I love this picture of my dad (far right) and his siblings. He's the oldest of the six. His sisters are the wee babes. The other boys are somewhere in between.


This picture makes me smile!! All of my dad's kids (5 boys and 3 girls) were able to come for the funeral except one. I loved being with my siblings, even though it was so quick. I wish I'd had more time to spend with them.


A family funeral gathering isn't complete without a funny face by J.J.


This saddle belonged to my great grandpa. When my grandpa inherited it, he put it on this big old spring for the kids to ride. It is so much fun. My grandma brought it to the family luncheon and the great grandkids were lined up for this thing!!

2 comments:

jor-kel said...

Thanks for blogging about this Jill. Love you

Crystal said...

Man, I miss you already! It was wonderful to see you and those super adorable babes!!