Friday, May 8, 2009

So sweet



This afternoon Lily said to me, "Mom, go lay on your bed. I'm going to make you a Mother's day surprise." She started digging in the pantry. I wasn't sure whether she was being sweet...or sneaky. I went into my room and a few minutes later Lily walked in wearing an apron and carrying a tray full of love. She brought me caramel pudding, a broken up graham cracker, and a glass of water. Breakfast in bed.

I appreciate her sweetness toward me. Sometimes it feels like I'm constantly instructing and correcting her and so perhaps she feels like I'm a foe rather than a friend. I've made a concerted effort lately to have more fun play time with her. I think it has sweetened our relationship a lot.

11 comments:

Rachael said...

I think about that very thing a lot. I need to take more time to play and be fun, not just the nagging mom. I love Lily's sweetness and KNOW for sure she gets it from you!

Kristy's Garden said...

Jillene .... you are such a wonderful Mommy. Your precious daughter has learned how to serve because you have taught her by example ... and hey, caramel pudding is the best! Lily reminds me so much of when you were little .... precious and kind, sweet and ever so innocent with the most angelic face and long brown hair.
I love you and miss all you Robisons so much.

jor-kel said...

I hope to have a little girl like yours someday. We miss you guys and look forward to seeing you.

Erin said...

That was so thoughtful of her! I love the fact that she got all dressed up to make you a sweet breakfast in bed. I bet every bite was delicious.

Melinda Ford said...

How sweet is that little girl?! Aaah, I love Lily! Please tell her so for us. What's not to love about her mommy though? I don't think you should be surprised...we all love you too! I'm glad you got a sweet, sweet moment with her again. Those are so wonderful!!

Erin said...

That is too sweet. Bless her heart. You are such a good mother!

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

What a cutie! I have always admired the relationship you have with Lily. Cute girl.

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

I'm cursed. Whenever I leave a comment, I am logged in as someone else! It's Raschell:)

Rachel D. said...

What a very nice girl.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

You have such a sweet little girl. It is so hard to be the mom you know you should be all the time. But it looks like you are doing a great job!

Romney Family said...

What a sweet little girl you have!!