Sunday, April 19, 2009

Happy 2nd birthday, Carter!


My little boy turned 2 yesterday! He is such a delightful little guy. He's happy, easy-going, and can sit and play with cars and trucks for a looong time.

We had a birthday party for him Friday evening because Grandpa and Grandma Robison and Uncle Mike and Uncle Nate were in town. It was great to have them here for Carter's party.

I baked his cake Friday morning. Carter wanted to eat the batter so badly. I told him we had to bake it and then we'd have it after dinner. A little later he said, "Excited." He's never said that before and it was so darn cute. I asked him what he was excited for and he said, "Cake." It's the first time he's ever expressed emotion with words. I loved it! He associates cake with his birthday. He talked about cake whenever we mentioned birthday. Once he saw his finished cake he wanted the toys off it but was so patient to wait until we were done singing to him. When it came time to blow out the candles he did the "fff" sound, which didn't blow the flames out. So Lily helped him.


Carter thinks Dylan and Sammy are the coolest boys around. You can see here that they are!




More photos from the month of April:
Easter, Grandma & Grandpa Robison's visit, and more of Carter's party.

13 comments:

jor-kel said...

Awesome pictures. I wish we could have been there. When Carter comes up I want to play cars with him. He even nows how to hold them.

Emilee said...

Love the birthday cake- way to go, girl! Looks like a fun visit with Aaron's parents.

Anne said...

My little Iaac turned two on Friday. Our boys are just a couple of days apart. It's such a fun age, but they grow up a bit to quickly.

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Carter! He looks like such a sweet and cute little guy! Your cake looked like it came from the store!

Melinda Ford said...

So cute, I'm sad we missed it! J.J. wanted to send Carter some of his own toys for his birthday. He kept bringing them out of his room and asking if we could send them to him. We all love him, even though we live so far away. We're glad he had such a fun birthday! And p.s. the cake does look great!

Alisha said...

SO cute! Looks like it was a fun party! :)

Beth said...

So I have decided that I am boring and I still just make the good 'ol 9x13 cake. Nothing fancy. I am jealous of those who do fancy stuff. I love the cars. You are such a cute mom. Your kids are darling.

Hewitt Family said...

You are definitely taking after your mom making masterpiece cakes! Just like your awesome sugar cookies...I still make those every holiday you know and I STILL get compliments on them every time! Everyone wants Soeur Ford's sugar cookie recipe! Thanks Jill!

Steve and Hailey said...

Your pictures turned out so well. I really like the top picture. I was watching videos of Jack when he turned two and I thought he was so big! I have loved the whole year of two!

Erin said...

Happy Birthday, Carter! What a cutie. He and Aidan would get along well, playing with cars and trains.

DillChips said...

He is 2!!! What a big boy. Thank you for stoping by today you have such a kind heart.

Corbin said...

Cute blog Jill! Carter is so darn cute. I love the picture of him waiting patiently to eat that yummy cake!

Margo said...

You have a very cute young man there, and a knack for taking great picture.