Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day




Could Mother's day be any more perfect? I felt so loved and cared for by Aaron, Lily, and Carter. I got to sleep in and when I awoke Aaron and Lily had prepared a breakfast of crepes. The breakfast was not only delicious, it was presented beautifully and the house was clean!

We all love crepes...our three favorite toppings are strawberries & whipped cream, lemon juice on granulated sugar, and nutella. When breakfast was over, we all looked like Carter here. Just kidding.

Lily made this lovely tile for me in preschool. It is a portrait of me. I love Lily's ability to captures such feminine features as lipstick, puffy sleeves, and high heels. She was so excited to give me this tile. I love it! It sits on the counter in my kitchen where I can see it often.




Aaron surprised me with tickets to Wicked. I am so excited to see it!! I can't wait!
I found out in the evening that my dear mom got the same gift from her husband! Too bad we won't be able to attend the same showing. Hers will be in Seattle, mine will be in Phoenix. I love my mom so much and miss her.

Lily and Aaron took care of me all day long. I got to take a nap in the afternoon and didn't do an ounce of my regular work. They prepared all the meals and kept the house clean. It was wonderful. The best part of it all was feeling the love of my family.

7 comments:

Erin said...

What a nice day for you! And I can't wait to hear about Wicked.

Rachael said...

Happy Mother's Day indeed! Sounds perfect - hope you LOVE Wicked as much as I did.

and I LOVE Catherine! You are so lucky!! What a small world for sure! Tell her hi for me!

Kristy's Garden said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day for you. I'm so happy that Aaron takes such good care of you and teaches Lily and Carter by example! Hurray for our smart men who think alike.
Love you and miss you.....

RSP said...

Nice work Aaron! you will LOVE Wicked!

Owen's Mommy said...

What a husband! I am seriously impressed...very thoughtful gift.

Melinda Ford said...

I want some crepes! Those looked delicious...you taught Aaron well!!! And I love that pic of Carter. LOL. It looked like he had a trailing boogie of whip cream! I miss you guys!! I'm glad you had such a good day Jill! We love you tons! (And thanks for being so thoughtful and sending me that card!)

barryblog said...

I am so glad your hubby set me up with your blog. I love church at 11 on mothers day. I got to sleep in a little as well. It looks like you had a fun little day. I am putting you on my contacts... I hope that is ok?:)