Thursday, May 14, 2009

School is out!!



Today was Lily's last day of preschool. We're so excited for a summer full of fun together! We celebrated by having a party! We ate mini-popsicles and swam. It was great!

Carter was at the party too!

This is the first time for me as a mom to experience "school's out!" We're planning some super fun activities and trips for the summer. This morning I thought about how quickly the school year zipped by. Then I realized that all the school years after this are going to fly by too. In 13 more of these quick years, Lily will be growing up and moving out. Wow. I don't want the summer, and all our time together, to end.

2 comments:

Melinda Ford said...

Aaaah. It won't ever end Jill. She'll still always be your girl, and eventually one of your best friends! You two are too cute together! I love the swimming pic.

Kristy's Garden said...

I'm so happy you are celebrating this "big" time in your lives! I cherish the memories of when school when end and summer would begin with all my children home. My friends thought I was crazy to love having all my children at home for the summer. We did have a lot of fun together didn't we.... do you remember celebrating the last day of school by going to drive-in movies and having cooking classes during the summer? Oh those were the days ....... enjoy every one of them because they do pass so quickly!