Sunday, May 17, 2009

13 inches

That's how much length we had cut off of Lily's hair this weekend!




We've been talking about cutting her hair for a couple of months. (We make deliberate decisions around here.)

The boys had a father and sons camp-out so the girls had a fun girl time weekend. Friday evening we watched Ariel's Beginning together then got Lily's haircut. Afterward we went to dinner at In-n-Out. Lily asked to sleep with me in my bed. I love snuggling but I don't love being squished and kicked. I told her she could sleep with me but if she kicks me too much, I would just move her in to her bed. She thought that was a great idea. Well, we'll just say I woke up a lot of times in the night, but was always able to fall quickly back to sleep.

The next morning we got delicious donuts from Rainbow Bakery, a small bakery recommended by a friend. It was a bit of a drive, but completely worth it. Then we went up to the library and read, read, and read Bearenstain Bears books and checked out A Bug's Life, which Lily has been asking for for over a week.


I took these next photos before church this morning.




16 comments:

Jaren Ford said...

Carter and Lilly bean are growing up. They both have changed a lot since we have seen them last year. They are cute.

Kristy's Garden said...

Oh, my beautiful Lily! You are so sweet and precious... you have the face of an angel. I looooove your new haircut. Your Mommy has curled it so cute with a barret.... you are a lucky girl. I'm so happy that you had a most wonderful girls day out.... we need those sometimes! Love you XO

Jaren Ford said...

I love her hair! I bet that's so much easier for you to do as well!! Yay! But I also bet that you kind of miss it too, huh? At any rate, she's a beauty! And it sounds like you guys had fun! You're nice to let it be about what Lily wanted to do! I am looking forward to some me time when the boys go to their father sons campout!!! :)

RSP said...

LOVE the haircut! She wears it well. Sounds like you two had so much fun together!

Erin said...

Oh, so cute! I love her hair!

Leslie said...

Lily is so beautiful. Your girls night sounds like it was a blast. I loved having girl time with my mom like that when I was little...especially getting to sleep in her bed. What a treat!

Erin said...

Her hair is so pretty! I remember Lily had the coolest baby hair when she was born.

Amy said...

I LOVE it! She is so adorable. I always had a hard time with the first short hair cut on my girls. :)

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

How fun to have a girls weekend! Although I must admit it would feel almost like every day for me! :) Her hair looks so cute, I can't believe how long it was.

Rachael said...

darling hair cut!! And those blue eyes of theirs... wow!!

I LOVED our mother-daughter weekend during the father-son campout. What a great time for all of us.

It is SO fun to have school out, isn't it?! I love it almost as much as the first day of school... :) I have to admit I'm a little frazzled just thinking of all my kiddos home for MONTHS at a time. It's just time for me to get really organized before that big day comes.

apewinterton said...

Wow! Lily your hair is beautiful. It was beautiful before, but this is a totally new look for you - very grown up! I wish we could have joined you for a girl's night.

Owen's Mommy said...

I love her hair short. Now you can really focus on her sweet face, and georgous blue eyes.

How have you been? I haven't gotten to the gym much. That seems to be my only means to seeing anyone after the ward split.

Alisha said...

Lily's haircut is so cute! Sounds like you girlies had a fun weekend! Hooray! :)

Melisa said...

So cute!!!

The Green's said...

Is that lamby? Holy cow! You guys are so stinkin cute!

The Lillians said...

So cute! Your kids are darling! Great pictures too. I wish we lived closer :)