Monday, March 16, 2009

Uno and a haircut


Lily cut her hair in preschool the other day. After school I asked Lily if she cut it on accident or on purpose. She said several times that it was an accident. But she didn't seem too upset about it...quite calm and collected. So I wondered if she was being accurate (i.e. truthful). While we were playing Uno that afternoon I saw that the hair was cut on both the left and right side of her head. So that made me think, "Okay, that wasn't an accident." I pointed out to Lily that both sides were cut and asked nonchalantly if it was on accident or on purpose. She said, "Well, both. I cut this side [pointing to the right] on accident. But then I cut this side [pointing to the left] on purpose because I didn't want people to laugh at me that one side is short and the other side is long." Hhmmmm, so the truth comes out. I couldn't help laughing and had to try hard to cover it up.

5 comments:

Beth said...

I feared the day my little girl would cut her hair. Well it has happened and we just go on with life hoping that it never happens again. At least Lilly has long hair and she didn't cut bangs. Either way, you don't want your girl's hair cut. But she is still darling. I loved that you tried not to laugh.

jor-kel said...

You gotta give her credit for trying to solve her own problems, its cute.

Rachael said...

Oh that's so cute!! And I agree, it would've been MUCH worse if she'd tried to even out accidental bangs!

RSP said...

Hey, at least it's an easy fix which is better than what most kids do to their hair at some point! I know because my own self hair cut was much worse... and much more noticable.

Melinda Ford said...

LOL Jill. I love it! Are you going to cut the rest to match?