Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Thanks, Leslie.


Leslie, my real life and blogging friend, said she likes my blog. Thanks, Leslie! I'm supposed to list 5 things I love. You wouldn't think it difficult to come up with five things I love. However, I'm finding it a little tricky. I suppose I'll focus on five things that I love, and they're not particularly the five things I love most.

1. Scrapbooking paper. Beautiful colors and textures make my world come alive.
2. Our Christmas tree. The glow of the lights is magical. The ornaments bring back happy memories from my life.
3. Skip, my car. Lily also affectionately calls him Lightning McQueen. He's a silver Mazda Protege 5.
4. Colonial At Home candles
5. Pretty dishes
6. Ribbons. Again, color and texture!
7. My china hutch. I found it on craigslist. It was yellow. I repainted it white with light green accents.
8. Saucony running shoes.
9. Bed Head Hard Head hairspray.
10. My bed. It's so soft.
11. My dining table and chairs. The table is a dark espresso brown stain. The chairs are antique white, distressed. The table is huge. We'll be able to fit our big family around it...when it gets big someday.
12. White kitchen cabinets. I don't have white kitchen cabinets but I really want them.

I guess that's more than 5. Really it's a pretty superficial list. Like I said, they're just things. But they're things that make my life bright!

Now I get to pass this along to 5 other blogging friends.
1. Melinda
2. Jordan and Kelly
3. Beth
4. Cassidy
5. Alisha

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Yay for lists of favorite THINGS! It felt a little weird at first for me too, to list my favorite MATERIAL things, but I'm finding that it's way fun to find out what my friends' favorite things are. I definitely need to try your hairspray. It's so hard for me to find a good one!

Amy said...

That was fun to read, but I want to SEE a picture of your china hutch! Sounds beautiful!
Amy

Rachael said...

those are great things to love! They make me want to do crafts... :)

Alisha said...

Yay...most of those things are my favorites too....I will have to work on my post for my blog! :)