Monday, December 15, 2008

Little dolls

Lily and I made little dolls for our church to send to children in need around the world. They were fun to make. We stitched, stuffed, and drew on the heads by hand. It was more time consuming than I had anticipated. However, it felt rewarding to know that our efforts would bless a few children who need some comfort and love.

This was a good opportunity to teach Lily to serve others. I also appreciated that it exposed her to sewing. It's a great sewing start for her!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

QUICKSILVAS said...

Hey Jill,
This is Mary Silva i got your blog address from Karen Hunsakers sight. (I hope you don't mind.) Paul and i went to the Mesiah last night and you did a GREAT job. Love your blog.

Erin said...

What cute little dolls! It looks like she likes them, and I'm sure she had a fabulous time spending time with her mother and doing something nice for people in the world too.

RSP said...

Those turned out darling! You are so talented! I am excited to learn how to sew.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

They are so cute, and what a great lesson for Lily!

Beth said...

Jill, what a great activity to do with your little one. She is so cute. I love how she raises her eyebrows. You are beautiful, as always. Chris and I would love to hang out with you guys! Hopefully someday soon.

Melinda Ford said...

Love it Jill! They turned out great and I'm so glad you had an opportunity (or rather took the opportunity) to do something that benefited someone little and needy this Christmas. You are a great example. Love ya.

The Lillians said...

So cute, those dolls are adorable! It looks like you guys are doing great!

Rachael said...

we made those in RS this year and found them to be a LOT of work. But we were making 100. I love that you did it with Lily. WONDERFUL idea. What a great mom you are, Jill!