Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Handel's Messiah

I love singing, especially praises to my God. I don't know how in all my years of singing, I have never attended or participated in a performance of Handel's Messiah. But this year that changed. It provided a good challenge. The music was difficult and completely new to me. I sang in the chorus and performed the solo I Know That My Redeemer Liveth. The truly inspiring text of the music is scriptural passages from the Bible. It was an incredible experience for me.


With friends and fellow soloists.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Aaron said...

The performance by Jill, other soloists, the choir, and orchestra was truly glorious. My only regret is that we didn't invite more people and there was only a single performance. I couldn't be more proud of Jill.

Erin said...

I was going to say I bet it was beautiful and amazing, and Aaron proved that! What a neat experience for you.

jor-kel said...

I wish I could have been there... I love to hear you sing, and Kelly talks about "Handel's Messiah" quite a bit.

Melinda Ford said...

Jill I'm so glad you got to do this! You do have an amazing voice...but I guess anybody who knows you knows that! I second Jordan's comment...I wish I could have been there too! We would have loved to see/hear that. Hope you get all your other Christmasy stuff done!

Leslie said...

I love the music from Handel's Messiah as well. I'm sure it was beautiful. And Jill, you look gorgeous!

The Lillians said...

I am so happy you have a blog! I love blogging, it hasn't really happened since Sam was born, but I am hoping to get to it soon.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Jill you are amazing! You do so much, and are successful at it all! What a wonderful experience.

Rachael said...

good for you! I bet you sounded amazing! You look beautiful in that picture, too.