Saturday, April 30, 2011

Warrior Dash!

Aaron and I ran a crazy fun race last weekend. It's a 5k peppered with obstacles that have you climbing over cargo net structures, leaping over fire, and sloshing through a mud pit under barbed wire. We intended to run it together, but didn't have anyone to watch the kiddos. So we staggered our runs and went separately.

Before the mud pit...



...and after.


Wahoo!


The Warrior Dash has a viking theme...hence the viking horns.


The mud pit leaves you utterly covered in mud. To clean off you get sprayed down!




Over the fire.



In the mud.


Dir.ty.



Wahoo!! It was so much fun!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

WoW! Impressive and looks like a lot of fun. My hair stylist ran in that too. The obstacles make it! I would've watched your kids for you. I wish you would've called me. After all, I am your visiting teacher. If you think of anything else I can do for you before I move, do NOT hesitate to call!

Anonymous said...

So is this how people celebrate being released from the Bishopric? Reminds me of the baja buggy run a few years ago-only this time, Mommy got even dirtier than Daddy did then!But your poor shoes

jor-kel said...

I am jealous. I wish we came down in time for that.

apewinterton said...

How awesome! It looks like you had so much fun.

Sally said...

I'm not a runner, but I'd want to do that race! Maybe next year.

Anonymous said...

Nate and I really wanted to do this. We will next year!! We should try to do it together and hire some babysitters! I am surprised though Jill, I would have totally watched your kiddos so you could have gone together!! I think I was feeling well by then lol. Anyway, this is awesome, looks like it was as much fun for you as I thought it would be for us :)

Nancy Page said...

That looks like so much fun. way to go, you guys and how fun that you guys do it together.