Thursday, April 28, 2011

A few things

1. I just signed up for the St. George marathon!! I've been thinking of running a marathon for a while. Now is the time for me to do it! Only 7,400 of those who register will be selected, by lottery, to participate. Cross your fingers for me that I'll be chosen! The race is October 1st. If you want to run with me or come cheer me on, I'd love it!

2. I'm completely excited about something. It's my vacuum and mop! Long story, short: I've had tile woes since I moved here 4 1/2 years ago. Nothing to properly vacuum/sweep and mop my hard floors. Our new house has a lot of tile, and it's textured. So I need something good.

Well, my genius husband found the perfect solution: our shop vac! It's been sitting in our garage all these years and I haven't thought to use it on the tile. He tried it and it works like a dream! It picks everything up! I love that my problem is solved, and didn't have to spend money on it.

As for the mop, I got an industrial mop and bucket. I love them. They make mopping so much easier and pleasant. The mop was inexpensive and the bucket was a bit more, but so worth it!

3. I'm going to make my blog private. I'd love for you to keep looking at my blog, so pretty please leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

28 comments:

Kristine said...

Love to keep viewing your blog. Count me in.

The Krotzers said...

cassi.krotzer@yahoo.com

Please and thank you!

Carla said...

I would love to keep reading your blog!

Romney Family said...

i would like an invite. jessieromney@yahoo.com and good luck with the marathon. You have way more ambition than me. I love to run but 5-6 miles is my limit. I get bored after that.

ATT Hickson said...

Count us in!

italianhicks@gmail.com

Leslie said...

Textured tile can be such a pain! I'm glad you found a perfect solution. I never did in the last place we lived.

And of course I want to keep reading.

pauloandleslie@gmail.com

Trevlyn said...

Shop vac! Genius! Love your blog...love you and your darling family even MORE! nally2823@yahoo.com

Rachel and Jared Lautenschlager said...

We'd love to keeping following you guys-its fun to keep in touch with our Phoenix friends!

rclautenschlager@hotmail.com

Dallin and Ashley said...

your blog is so cute! dalling2@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you and the marathon! Inspiring! :)
taybugwhite@yahoo.com

Kateastrophe said...

me me me me

my google account is kate(dot)cotter(at)gmail(dot)com!

gabby said...

Hello Jill we will ,love keep reading your blog so please count us in the Santana's gabsag0714@gmail.com

Preeti Ann Temple said...

Hey Jill!! I would love to keep reading your blog!! You are such a rockstar to be running a marathon!!

preeti.temple@gmail.com

Rachel D. said...

rmdaines@gmail.com

Emilee said...

So I had a dream about you and Aaron last night... we attended a fireside with you and then you treated us to ice cream at Baskin Robbins- since you own one. emilee.carruth@gmail.com

QUICKSILVAS said...

we would love to be part of your blog. - Paul and Mary Silva-
quicksilvas@netzero.net

Erin said...

I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you for the marathon!

I want an invite to your blog!

jor-kel said...

jordanf2@gmail.com

and

theatreworm@gmail.com

We are excited to see you in less than a week.

Lisa said...

We need an invite when you go private!! lisa@trobison.com

Crystal said...

Let me in!

You have to, we're family ;)

Crystal

mom2stinkybug@yahoo.com

Kelli said...

We love seeing how you guys are doing now and then. kelli.andersen@gmail.com & cameron.andersen@gmail.com

Sally said...

Me, me, pick me!

sdavisfordham@gmail.com

Rachael said...

I want to keep reading your blog, too! and awesome goal to do the St. George marathon - I hope you get in! :)

Brennings said...

julief2@gmail.com

Cheryl said...

I need an invite: cherylweathersby@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would love to keep reading!! Miss you!! swolfenden@cox.net

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Green's said...

please invite me if you go private. I love hearing about your cute little family!
andrea.m.green@gmail.com