Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter

Happy Easter!


The kids had fun finding the eggs and baskets left by the Easter bunny. Lily darted through the backyard gathering the eggs. We had to remind her to leave some for Carter and Hazel too!


The eggs were a hit. My kids had fun playing with the empty eggs after they extracted their loot.


Hazel was adorable! I put the basket in her hand and she took off for the eggs. She picked them right up and plopped them inside.


She loves sunglasses. She tries to wear mine but they slip off her face. When she got this pair, she was so happy!


I included this picture simply because I love it. Aaron took it and captured my cute Carter (and his love of trains) well.


Grandma Ford was here for our early Easter celebrations. I'll post pictures of her visit later. We had soooo much fun with her here. I keep telling her she needs to just move down here, but I haven't convinced her yet!

We enjoyed our religious Easter celebrations as well. I love Jesus Christ and am indescribably grateful for his Atonement and resurrection.

In addition to Easter, this Sunday brought a significant change for our family. Our bishopric was released, including Aaron from his position as first counselor. It's been a privilege for our family to serve the Lord in that capacity. It wasn't without challenge, having Aaron away from our family a lot. I'm thankful for the growth it has afforded us. I'm absolutely, 100% ecstatic to think that now we'll be able to drive to church together, sit together in Sacrament meeting, and have Aaron home more on Sundays and weeknights!!! We'll enjoy the reprieve, short as it may be!

Our new bishop is a family friend. We adore him and his wife. I look forward to how our ward will be blessed by their love and dedication. His counselors are great. Their wives (my friends) are babes, I might add. God bless them all!

3 comments:

Erin said...

What a fun Easter! Your children are so beautiful. And I'm glad your mom was able to be there.

Trevlyn said...

Hazle's legs are just delicious!

Kristy's Garden said...

Lily, you have the cutest freckles... Carter, I really miss your "raspberries"... Hazel, I miss having broccoli lunches with you... Jill, I miss hearing your angel singing voice and Aaron I miss looking up at all the holes you put in your FR ceiling... great new lighting! Love you all.