Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Julie and Kurt's wedding day


Julie and Kurt are married!


Their wedding ceremony was lovely. They were married in the Portland, Oregon temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.


These two lovebirds are extremely happy!


She was so beautiful!!


Julie and Kurt both love China. They each served missions for our church in Taiwan, then met afterward in a Chinese class at BYU. During their engagement they spent the summer apart...doing study-abroad in China. He went for the first half of summer and she went for the second half. Fortunately, they overlapped a week together in Beijing. The reception (which I'll post about later) had a Chinese theme. It was really gorgeous.


Julie's dress was custom made by a famous Chinese tailor. Chinese brides wear red. White is reserved for funerals. So the tailor was a little confused when she requested a white dress. The silk fabric is beautiful...it has dragons and flowers on it. Kurt's suit was also custom made.



I loved the time I spent with my family!! I loved laughing with my siblings and their kids. I really missed my siblings and nieces and nephews that weren't able to be there.



Are these not the cutest little Asian bridesmaids you've ever seen?! Lily loved being a bridesmaid! She adored her turquoise chi pao. She wanted to wear it constantly. Little Hazel was so cute (and so slippery!) in her pink silk dress.


Pretty blues.


I love when she loves on me! I can't get enough loves and snuggles from my kids!


Kurt's parents hosted a fabulous lunch on Lake Oswego. The food was delicious, the view was refreshing, and the company was completely enjoyable.


Grandma shared her chocolate cake with Carter. He didn't eat the cake, wouldn't touch the berries, but loved the whipped cream!





It was a wonderful day for the bride and groom and us.

I'm in love with their photographer!


6 comments:

Sally said...

Jill, looks like a great time. My favorite photo is yours at the top of your blog. So beautiful and mysterious! Oh, and I'm pretty sure their photographer is in love with you, too.

Cheryl said...

I love your new pic of you behind the fan!!!! You are so beautiful and the one of Lily is equally as gorgeous... keep your eye on that little cutie!!! I also love the theme of your sister's wedding reception. Last of all, I didn't know that Aaron did photography, he did a great job with the pics I saw!!!

Alisha said...

She looks so beautiful, you all do! Sounds like it was fun. Your kids are so cute! I love the whole Chinese theme. FUN FUN FUN!

Trevlyn said...

How beautiful! Lily told me about how excited she was to wear her special dress! I used to live in Lake Oswego as a kid - gorgeous, isn't it!?

Jenny said...

Aaron took such wonderful pictures at the wedding! I love them! Wow Lil and Carter are so funny, we lauuughed!!
Your home is beautiful,I'm so happy for you! Love you tons xoxoxo

jor-kel said...

I like the extensive narrative... talented story telling.