Tuesday, September 7, 2010

First day of first grade!


My cute girl is a first grader. We were in a rush to get out the door this morning. I told Lily to go stand by the front door while I ran to get the camera. When I popped around the corner, this is what I saw! Last minute adjustments to her adorable new shoes! They sparkle and have Hello Kitty on them. I am in love with them! I wish they had a pair in my size. I'd wear them too!


My girl is growing up!


The summer came and went so quickly! Although we started school weeks after the other local schools, it still feels like it snuck up on me and arrived way too quickly.

I used to worry that I'd get sick of my kids in the summer and try to hurry them back to school in the fall. I don't feel that way. I love having them home and miss them when they're gone. I'm excited for Lily's adventures in learning and fun, but I'm so bummed I don't get her home with me. After I dropped her off and drove away, I felt a little teary.

I had wonderful plans to have a special breakfast prepared and get Lily to school early so she'd have time to greet and play with friends. However, I'm not as on the ball as I wish I were. Those things didn't happen. I will follow my husband's good advice and focus on what I did do, rather than what I didn't get done. So, in an effort to focus on the good: I wrote Lily a "first day of first grade" letter, washed her hair all fresh and dried it, made her lunch, and got her off to school, with a baby sis and jammied brother in tow.

Now I'm going to continue unpacking and organizing...wish me luck!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are Superwoman! She looked adorable going to school. I felt the same way when my kids left for school... I was so sad that summer vacation was over and they wouldn't be home with me anymore! I think you're the best mom eva!

Is Lily in Mattison's class this year? Mattie LOVED her first day of school!

Rachael said...

yep - day 2 and we were already rushing to the bus. :) Good job focusing on all you did! Lily's hair is beautiful - so long and straight! I love it.

Brooke said...

I feel the same way when school starts--excited but missing summer already. :) It's always so fun to have my kids all to myself in the summer...but the routine that Fall and school brings is pretty nice too. She's darling, Happy First Grade!

And PS: Congrats on your beautiful home! I am so happy for you. xoxoxo

neecy said...

The joy of recounting all the ways they are growing up. Seriously wish we could just slow it down a bit.