Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Home

I don't have words to adequately express how I feel right now. "Thankful" is most succinct. This is our new home!!


We have been waiting years to buy a house. We moved here after college, right around the peak of home prices. They were incredibly high. There was no way we could purchase a home at that time. When we started to rent in 2006, I would have screamed if someone told me we wouldn't purchase a house for four more years. But it turned out, we were in the Lord's hands and were so blessed while we waited.

I love, love, love this home. I love the huge pantry that fits all our food storage!!! (Our food storage used to be in our master closet!) I love the comfortable kitchen. I love that it has a living room so I'll have one room in the house that is always clean. I love all the windows that let in light, but are covered with sunshades. I love the soft carpet. I love the open stairway that looks into the living room. I love the big family room. I love the loft upstairs that is full of toys! It'll be a constant mess, and that will be okay! I love the kids' bathroom. I love that I will have a craft room!! I love the three car tandem garage that will provide storage and a place to park both cars. And I love the pool!!

When we first moved here, Lily was 2 years old. Her request in a home was that it have stairs. She quickly added a request for a pool. Luckily for her, our new house has both!

I am so thankful to Heavenly Father for His loving kindness as He helped me wait for something I wanted so badly. And I'm extremely thankful to my wise husband whose knowledge, patience, hard work, and desire to follow God have brought us to where we now live.

The house is full of boxes. I'm slowly organizing. I'll slowly post interior pictures as we get the place in order. If you can't wait for those posts, come on over and visit!

16 comments:

Emilee said...

I LOVE IT! It looks perfect. Way to be patient while you waited for the right time. Aren't you glad you followed the Spirit... you can never go wrong when you do that. The back yard looks like a little piece of heaven.

Cheryl said...

Oh my! So beautiful. That was certainly worth waiting for! I'm very happy for you. I think it's funny... kids and stairs... they LOVE them! I had stairs in my house when I was raising my kids and you're right, the messes can all be UPSTAIRS hidden. I can't wait to see more of the house, hurry and post pics!

Dusty said...

Congratulations you guys. You are very blessed. It looks like a fabulous home. Lots of curb appeal and the backyard looks great. I'm so happy for your family.

Romney Family said...

Yeah for you guys!! I am sure it was worth the wait!!!

Shapiro said...

Hooray for the tender mercies of the Lord! He truly knows us and blesses us for choosing to listen and wait upon Him doesn't he!? As I read what you wrote I just felt those same feelings over again. It's amazing how things work out - that uncertainty but total faith truly shows forth miracles! What a beautiful home! But more importantly... what beautiful people who dwell therein! We feel so blessed to know you and are glad we aren't fans that live too far away that we can't come visit!... :) (can we have ward parties at your house?!!!- whoot!)

Kristine said...

Love it! I'm so happy for you guys. I also LOVE your new opening picture. Wow that is so beautiful.

Alisha said...

Please hurry fast! I want to see pics of the inside! It looks gorgeous! I'm so happy for y'all! :)

Andrea said...

Hooray! I am happy for you guys and it looks like a beautiful home! Can't wait to see the pics of the inside :)

Kristen Ford said...

We are so happy for you! Can't wait to see the inside! Love ya

Beth said...

I loved chatting with you the other day. So good to catch up.I love your new house. How fun!

jor-kel said...

Clever way of getting some help to unpack ;) I wish we could come help and enjoy your new home with you. Congratulations. Thank you for your fine example. I like how happy the whole family is with this new adventure. Love you guys

janae said...

Wow! This is awesome! Not only a pool but LOTS of grass! So happy for you.

The Green's said...

It is so beautiful! What a dream come true!

Rachael said...

oh, congratulations!! We bought at the peak... I'm so glad you didn't! :)

apewinterton said...

LOVE the house! Congratulations. I'm excited to see more pictures. The girls asked, "When do we get to go swim in their pool?"

Melinda Ford said...

Well, I can't wait, but I'm gonna have to! We're so excited for you guys and hope you are in love with your home for a great many years to come! You all deserve it!!! And, we also hope we'll get to enjoy it for many years as well! :)