Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Craving

Today I'm feeling all pregnant and wanting to just sit down and eat a whole big batch of something chocolately and gooey...and not feel one twinge of guilt or regret about it!This is the first time I've felt this during this pregnancy. Confession: there was a period of time during my pregnancy with Carter where I'd sit down every afternoon with half a dozen gooey chocolate chip cookies and eat them all in delight. I don't remember how long that went on but I loved it.

So what am I going to do about my current craving? Probably put it off for a few days until I can't stand it. Then break down and go buy some Reece's peanut butter cups, then make this recipe I found on my friend's blog. Really I wish I could just eat a big batch that she makes.

***

Post script:
I made the cookies that day. They were yummy but not what I was having a hankering for. So we'll see if that craving comes back some time. At this point, I'm just eating everything and a lot of it!

5 comments:

Sally said...

Love the fine print! Give me the recipe and I'll make the cookies for you (and eat some of them).

Ken Roberts said...

Jill, don't wait a few days, break down now girlie, you deserve it. Why prolong the agony. There are NO rules when you're pregnant. Eat and Enjoy!

-Nancy (Not Ken)Ooops!

Romney Family said...

Jill~if only we lived closer!! YOu would be welcome to come eat mine anytime!!! THe joys of pregnancies always craving things!!!

Alisha said...

Hehe...I love it! Come on, pregnancy is the only time we can eat whatever we want and have a good excuse. No need to worry about the pounds, you are supposed to gain weight when you get prego! Speaking of which...hum that sounds really good. Maybe we'll make cookies tomorrow.

Melinda Ford said...

Really, you're just barely feeling that?! You lucky, lucky girl! Funny...I really have been wanting Reese's peanut butter cups too! Not too long ago, Jar went and got treats for everyone. I asked for peanut butter cups, but got Reese's from ET instead. It didn't quite fulfill my longing...so the next time I go to the store, look out Peanut Butter Cups!