Monday, September 14, 2009

Broad stripes and bright stars


September 14 is the anniversary of the Star Spangled Banner. Lily's school put on a fantastic program honoring our flag and country. Lily sang "Yankee Doodle" strong and loudly with the other kindergarteners. Her face lit up when she saw me there to watch...and that lit up my heart! After the program the students formed a living representation of the flag that flew when the Star Spangled Banner was written. Can you find Lily? Hint: she's in the front row!


Singing "You're a Grand Old Flag!"

6 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

Not only is Lily a star but now she's a red stripe too! WOW ... that is an awesome flag and Lily is so beautiful and so is her proud Mommy!

Jenny said...

Sarah, and I loved seeing the picture of Lily singing, and the flag she got to be a part of with her school! I sure wish I could have been there in person to hear them. I bet your heart was beaming inside!!
We love you Lil, and Jill!!

Owen's Mommy said...

Looks like quite the performance there! I loved your last post on crafting...love new ideas.

I see you have caught on to shabbyblogs.com...they really came through with that cute background you have :)

Tara said...

I thought the program was so great! I love this school and how patriotic they are. I might have to steal your picture of the kids making a flag......I forgot to bring my camera to the program :)

Cute blog!

Alisha said...

So cute! I bet it was so fun to watch. That is awesome that they did a cool performance for you guys! :)

Rachael said...

What a great, patriotic school! And a happy mom moment, too. I love that feeling.