Sunday, August 2, 2009

Responsible

Lily has been wanting her ears pierced for a while. One day when she was expressing her desire we told her that if she can be responsible and keep her room clean for two weeks (previously an impossible feat), then it will show us that she is responsible enough to care for pierced ears. She took that challenge and amazed us by cleaning her room every night for two weeks.


Nervous but brave.




Ouch!


Lily chose aquamarine stones that match her blue eyes. She was so proud to have her ears pierced. She's had fun showing her friends and family.


6 comments:

Melinda Ford said...

I love that pic in the middle! That's probably just what I looked like at age 12, getting my ears pierced! We never get over fear of needles...

Congrats Lily! You look very pretty!!!

Kristy's Garden said...

Wahoo Lily ... you did it! You kept your room clean and now you have 2 cute little holes in your ears. You are so beautiful. I can't believe how much you look like your mommy did at that same age. You chose very beautiful earrings! Way to go! I love you.

Romney Family said...

How fun for her!!

RSP said...

Yay, she did it! I can't wait to hear all about it:)

Alisha said...

WOW! That's a big step! Hum, maybe I could something like that on my kids, my house might be spotless one day! :)

Kristine said...

Oh how fun. That is a big step. I know Savannah will be jealous. She has to wait until she is 8 and baptized. If it was up to her dad she would have to wait until she is 18!

I love the color choice too.