Thursday, August 20, 2009

Carter!


Carter is my little buddy. Since he was a baby he's been easy-going and happy. He still is, although being two years old has added some more dimension to his personality. He loves to play rough, growl, yell "no!", and ignore me when I ask him to come with me. He's still perfectly squishy and I can't get enough of kissing his soft cheeks.


Carter's big sis and pal has started school. I thought Carter would have a hard time with her being gone but he hasn't. He's had fun playing with his toys, with me, doing mommy-school, and riding in our new van.


We're having fun with mommy-school. Each day we focus on one color. We spend about twenty minutes in the morning coloring pages for a color book and then gathering up toys from around the house that are the color of the day. We'll make a "Carter's Colors" book with the photos we take of him with his color tray. Then through out the day we find things in the community that are the color of the day. It's simple and fun.

5 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

Mommy School looks so fun! I love Carter's BLUE day. Jillene... you are so beautiful and so is your husband and children. I love you all.

Melinda Ford said...

Cute, cute, cute! Seems like he gets older looking with every pic I see...Oh, I guess that's cuz he is! What a handsome man. And I love your new family picture too! Have fun with little Carter...tell him we say hi and love him!

Leslie said...

I love the mommy school idea! What do you do after colors? Letters? Numbers? I wish I could jump into your brain and take notes on all of your teaching ideas. I am so clueless.

P.S. I love the family picture at the top of your blog. Your hair looks so cute!

Cindy Clark said...

What a beautiful photo of the family! Loved reading about the Mommy School that you are doing with Carter and also about how he loves trains! Also love hearing about Lily and school. And her pierced ears. I am anxious to see all of you again. Miss you all!

Cassidy Lundgren said...

You're such a good mom, Jil!!!!