Thursday, August 20, 2009

One of many passions



Carter loves trains. Loves trains. When we were in Delaware for our reunion we all took a trip up to the Strasburg Railroad in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Carter was utterly amazed and blown away when this huge steam engine pulled up just feet in front of him.




We took a ride on the train with some of his cousins and Carter was in heaven. He loved hearing the click-clack of the wheels on the tracks and feeling the train sway back and forth.





While in Flagstaff we stopped and visited this old train at a little museum.




I love seeing my little guy get excited about trains. He loves them all: real life ones, little wooden ones, old die cast ones, vintage fisher price ones...all of them. He loves train! And I love him!

8 comments:

Melinda Ford said...

It's working perfecto! Love these pictures. How fun for Carter man!!

Amber said...

Jill! your kids are getting so big and they're so adorable! you're a mommy of a kindergartner! how's arizona? blazing hot? :) love you loads. hope you're well.

Jenny said...

What a CUTE little Carter boy! This really captures who he is!

Proudfit Family said...

I LOVE Strasburg!! They have the best ice cream place in the country! I need to take my kids there- it looks like you guys had a blast

Erin said...

Your hair is so cute in the header! And I can't believe how fast Lilly's hair grows. I LOVEloveLOVE the idea of collecting things around the house that are the same color. Great idea! Thanks for sharing.

Margo said...

Carter is a cutie! You are so lucky. Looks like all is well. If he wants to take a really long train ride, tell him he can come visit us in NY by train.

Cassidy Lundgren said...

Love all the pictures, they're great.

Kristine said...

I love all the train pics. So cute. I love the last pic of him smiling. I think he looks just like Aaron in that one.