Thursday, October 20, 2011

It's autumn time!

We don't exactly have autumn weather here. When it finally cools down, it's in the 90s. So I took my kids up to Flagstaff for some fall weather over a long weekend.

Our nature walk in the crisp air was so great! It helps that Uncle Neal plants crystals in his rock bed. My sweet aunt and uncle let us stay at their house. They were out of town and we missed playing with them. Carter was particularly bummed that Grandpa Neal wouldn't be there.



Gathering leaves, sticks, rocks, pine cones, and the like.



Cuteness!













Carter wouldn't smile for a picture. So I said something silly like, "There's a booger on your earlobe" and it got him smiling.







It snowed!!!! It was only a very tiny bit, and it melted when it touched the ground, but to us that was pretty darn exciting!



Hazy's first fall nature walk.



Lily sat down with a book, a mug of hot chocolate, and she was a happy girl on a cold afternoon. My daughter is just like me! She's a complete bookworm! I would read as much as she does, if I could. But I can't, because mommies have a lot of work to do. She's read over 2,000 pages for her school's read-a-thon in the last 5 weeks!



Carter was happy on this cold afternoon too: building for his vehicles. He played trains and cars all afternoon.

Hooray for long weekend trips!

5 comments:

Melinda Ford said...

How fun! You should come to Utah again for one of your long weekend trips...it is definitely fall here! We miss you guys! And tell Lily she is awesome (or just let her read this) to read so many pages. She's gonna be a scholar. And Carter is SUCH a boy! Boogers make him smile?! Wha?!!

Lisa said...

Love it! The kiddos keep growing up :) Such cute, happy darlings they are. I'm with Lily and you, a good book and a mug of hot chocolate is bliss! The fall colors you found were beautiful.

Trevlyn said...

oh, what fun! It's so great to wear our cold-weather clothes! Darling pictures!

Kristine said...

Oh what fun. The snow looked a lot more fun for you being in a warm house. We were camping in it...brrr. It was chilly. :)

Jenny said...

Cute cute pics!! I miss these kids! I agree with Melinda, you should come to Utah! :)