Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I {heart} San Diego.

Aaron took me to San Diego last weekend. It was wonderful.

Here are some of my favorite things from the weekend.



Gelato. Coconut and hazelnut. If you know me really well, I don't need to say more. But I will say more, because I adore hazelnut. I fell in love with it while I lived in France on my mission. When I saw hazelnut gelato I gripped Aaron's arm in excitement. I think my strength and delight surprised him a little. Yes, we got the same gelato on our first and last days on the trip.


Pizza is my favorite food. Filippi's quite possibly has my favorite pizza. It's loaded with cheese and vegetables. The sauce is made from scratch. The only thing wanting was whole grain crust, it was white. I'll definitely be returning to Filippi's on our return trip.


We went to the San Diego temple. It is exquisitely beautiful inside. My brother, Jaren, and his wife, Melinda, were married there, so it brought back sweet memories for us.


Flowers outside the temple.


We enjoyed the Mormon Battalion in Old Town. It was educational, fun, and really well presented. Kids love it: dressing up as a battalion member, pumping water from an old well, and panning for gold. It'll be fun to bring the kids back.


Yummmmmy mexican at Cafe Coyote, at the recommendation of a pal.


Another friend tipped us off to Crystal Pier. It's a row of houses on a pier over the ocean. It was fun to walk out over the water and watch the surfers.


The charming little houses on the pier were white with blue trim. Each house had its own design cut-out on the shutters. My favorites were the light houses and sea horses.


I love the beaches in La Jolla.



Did I mention that I love the beaches in La Jolla? They are so beautiful.


I don't know what the red fabric is on the ground...I just like the picture of Aaron.



I love, love, love this man. I adored him when we got married 10 years ago. I had no idea then how much more I could possibly love and appreciate him. He is a perfect match for me, and I'm so thankful he's mine.





The seals on Children's Pool Beach were really fun to see. Again, I can't wait to take my kids back to see them.


I enjoyed the break from all my regular tasks: planning, making, and cleaning up after meals; waking up at 5:00 a.m.; trying to keep the house running, etc. And I really loved having time with just my love. But I also really missed my kids. Hence, their initials in the sand.


This beach had super cool coloring in the sand. I wish I knew what it was from. Anyone know? Anyway, it looks cool.


Sandy feet. It was too chilly to swim, but I loved walking on the beach. The sand felt good on my feet.


Thank you oodles to Jeanette, my mom-in-law, who took care of the kids so we could have a good time.


I love Aaron. I {heart} San Diego.





16 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

What a wonderful trip. The pictures are awesome, of course. I'm so happy you had this special time together. You are very blessed to have each other. Vacations certainly can keep a smile on your face.... keep them coming!

Erin said...

This whole trip sounds just delightful. We are probably taking the kids to Disneyland in December, and we might be able to make it to San Diego also. I will have to write down the names of some of these restaurants and places so we can go visit.

Anonymous said...

I miss both of you and the kids-though not the early morning wake up call-really Hazy, 4 AM on Sunday??? What day of rest? But watching the kids building their beaver dam out of pillows, swimming and jumping on the tramp, snuggling Hazy for nap and bed times, reading with Carter, playing "town" and watching Winn Dixie and Santa Paws-It was fun, though, I'm glad I'm the grandma now and can rest up with just our 13 yr. old to listen to-whew!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Fun pictures!!! San Diego is one of our fav places too! We were married there so we love to go back and visit. Glad you had a nice break! Congrats on 10 years!

Emilee said...

Perfect. Absolutely perfect! (And you and Aaron look just as young as you did 10 years ago- amazing!)

Kimberly said...

How fun! It's so good to get away. Jill- you are so Beautiful! I love what you wrote about Aaron. How sweet! I miss seeing you guys. You are such good people. Love always!

Rachael said...

oh, that looks perfect!! What a wonderful trip.

Andrea Johnson said...

It looks like so much fun! Love your pictures.

Romney Family said...

How fun!! I am so jealous!!

RSP said...

Beautiful pictures! Looks like a fabulous time! I wish our "trips" were ever more like "vacations." Maybe someday.... not that I'm complaining ;) Miss you!

Sally said...

Looks like you had a great time. Made me miss San Diego a little. So glad you could get away!

Jenny said...

I love all your amazing, and fun pictures! You both look so great! What a fun trip, I love you!!

Nancy Page said...

I heart San Diego, too. And I just wanted to say that you totally look like a model in the pics of you and Aaron. Great photos, fun and memories!

Decor To Adore said...

I heart San Diego too!

As a matter of fact I just returned from So. Cal. I went to the Rose Bowl flea market in Pasadena. I try to go about 2-3 times a year to stock up on vintage (but inexpensive) fabric, lace and other trims.

SAS fabric here in Phoenix is also good.

apewinterton said...

How fun! What a beautiful trip - and a beautiful lady!