Tuesday, May 18, 2010

She lost it!


Hooray! Lily finally lost her first tooth! She's been waiting soo long to lose a tooth. She's so excited! She's been wiggling it for weeks and hasn't wanted Aaron to pull it out. (I couldn't pull it out if she wanted me to. It gives me the willies.) She's cried wolf a couple of times...tricking us that it fell out. So today before swim lessons her friends, Charlee and Oaklee, ran in to me saying, "Lily's tooth is out!" When I went in to see Lily, sure enough, it had come out. Lily was brave and pulled it out on her own!! She is so proud of herself! I think she's pretty cute with that hole-y smile. I think the bottom left tooth will follow soon.

The renowned tooth.

Lily and I made a tooth pillow the other day. She designed a cute little pillow and then we made it together. It has a pocket on it to put the tooth in. Hopefully the tooth fairy will take the tooth and leave some $$ for Lily in return.

About the same time we were making the pillow, Lily asked me if there's really a tooth fairy or if it's her mom and dad. I asked her what she thought. She didn't really answer me, she just said, "I really need to know." So I told her. And then I explained that this is information for her to know but not to talk about with other kids. Just like her mom and dad told her, other kids' parents will tell them. We had the same conversation about the Easter bunny in April. I almost cried after I told her, but she was 100% a-okay with it. In fact, she liked talking to Carter after that, all grown up like, about whether or not the Easter bunny had come to our house yet. I can't believe how this little girl is growing up.


P.S.
Lily woke me in the night to tell me that the tooth fairy came.
Here she is bright and early this morning, with her tooth pillow, moolah, and Lamby.





Now Carter is anxiously awaiting his first wiggly tooth... It may be a while!


9 comments:

Trevlyn said...

Congratulations, Lilly! What an exciting milestone!

Kristy's Garden said...

Well, you know what comes next after the tooth fairy and the Easter Bunny .... the very dreaded question about Santa! You will need to prepare yourself for that one! Lily is just so smart and beautiful. Tell her I have a special book I want to read to her when I see you in a couple of weeks. Her tooth pillow sounds very cute! Clever girls...

Leslie said...

What a cutie Lily is! I really like how you handled the tooth fairy (and Easter bunny) thing. I've been pondering how to deal with those kinds of questions since before I had kids. I feel like you did it perfectly.

Cheryl said...

What?? There is no tooth fairy?

RSP said...

I can't believe it! She IS getting so big!

Anonymous said...

She'll find that straws fit well in that hole too! I bet Carter's envious!

You think the Easter bunny, santa Claus, and toothfairy talks are easy? Wait a few years-or minutes, until the big one comes, "Where do babies come from?" And "Cincinnati" won't due for an answer.

We found that honestly answering just enough of their questions when the the kids saw critters in the middle of doin' what comes naturally, made "the talk" a whole lot easier for them to take in than dropping the S-bomb on them when they're older. (and less uncomfortable for us) A little bit of knowledge at a time rather than all at once was a lot easier.

Poor Grant still remembers when the school nurse dragged all the 12year old boys into the room and showed them "the movie" and told them the graphic details. First time he'd thought or heard anything about it. He said he was horror struck and scarred for life-well, that's another story. I can reassure you though, that he seems to have gotten over it.

Brianne said...

Mattison is so excited to lose her first tooth. She has about 4 wiggly teeth right now. She can touch them but she doesn't like us to as much because she said it hurts :). I love Lily's wake up face! So cute!!

Rachael said...

What a smart girl - and brave, too! Ellie's had Lydia pull out her last two teeth... maybe Lily can be the special helper at your house, too! :) Congratulations on a really fun milestone!

Oh - the girls "helped" the Easter Bunny this year and it was SOOO much fun. They loved it and we loved it, too!

Andrea said...

Hooray for Lily! I love the little tooth pillow. You're such a cute mommy. Mind if I copy your idea?