Wednesday, April 14, 2010

L'Art de Lily





Kurt and Julie



Lily's artwork portrays articulate emotion. Sometimes she really surprises me with how she expresses her emotions with pictures. The above picture was drawn in a moment of anguish when Daddy had to go to an evening church meeting with the youth. Look at the tears bursting out. If you could see her little arms, they're reaching up and her hands are in fists rubbing her eyes. I love how she is sounding out words. The portrayal of Aaron is startlingly accurate: the brown striped shirt, the black bag he carries his church stuff in, and the back of his head as he waves his hand and walks out the door.





We enjoy having family movie nights together. Two recent movie nights have inspired some artwork: Meet the Robinsons (pictured above) and Ice Age 3 (pictured below).







8 comments:

Brennings said...

WOW! Those are amazing! I love the top picture, especially. That is so sweet. I hope Lily isn't disappointed when she meets Kurt and finds out he isn't a cool looking frog :-)
I love you!

jor-kel said...

Impressive, most impressive. I love seeing Lilies emotions and interpretations through her artistic ability. Good job Lily I am very impressed, keep it up.

Nancy Page said...

What a little artist! I'm so impressed.

Beth said...

Can I just say "You guys are amazing and we love you." Chris and I just looked at your blog and your kids are darn cute, you made Hazel's blessing dress, Lily knows the Declaration of Independence, Hazel can sing the K-I-S-S-I-N-G song (thaanks to Aaron), and you look amazing. How do you do it?

Melinda Ford said...

Wow, she's an amazing artist! I can't believe how much she is growing up and how much we are missing of it!! :( We can't wait to see you guys...don't change too much! We all miss you!!

Jenny said...

These are precious pictures she drew, I am sooo impressed! Love Kurt's and Julie's! So great!! I LOVE YOU LILY GIRL!!

Brianne said...

Ok I love kid art!! It is so real and right from their cute little minds. I'm going to guess she likes to watch "meet the Robinsons" :)

Sarah Emily said...

These are so cute! shes such a good artist:)