Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sensitive little man



You may know how a gal feels during the last trimester of pregnancy. Tired, not enough energy to do what needs to be done, and uncomfortable in a variety of ways. (I'm not complaining, mind you.) Yesterday Carter and I were sitting at the table together finishing up lunch when I let out a big sigh. Carter turned to me and said, "What are you feelin' like?" It was the sweetest thing and actually took me by surprise. I didn't even realize I had let out an audible sigh and I certainly didn't expect my two year old boy to notice it and tune in to the fact that it meant I was feeling something other than great. What a sensitive little guy. I replied with a smile that I was just tired, but happy too. Then I asked if he was happy and he said "yes" with a big smile. Life doesn't get much better than this, does it?

10 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

You are so right.... these are the cherished moments that make all the tiring and exhaustive days so worth it all! I sure miss that little guy and his hugs and cars and trains. love you.

Anonymous said...

He's a sweety-and those eyes! I love Lily's school Thanksgiving posttoo. Isn't it amazing to see them suck up all the facts and feelings---and grow up so fast?

Melinda Ford said...

Nope, it doesn't!

Jenny said...

Oh! I love him, how sweet!

Romney Family said...

How sweet is that!! What a cute little boy!!!

Rachel D. said...

What a cutie! I have a nephew who is that same way.

Shan @ Design Gal said...

thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! i'm so glad you're enjoying it! your blog is adorable as well!

p.s. when i looked at your profile and saw your favorite movies were pride and prejudice and anne of green gables i though, "this gal's gotta be great! she loves the same movies as me!" we must be kindred spirits! :) haha

Cindy Clark said...

how sweet your darling son is to care about how you feel and he is so young. Your love for the kids shines bright and reflects back to you Jill. Miss you. I better come and visit you soon I think!

Alisha said...

AWWW...that is SO SWEET! Can he come give my kids some lessons...:) Just kidding!

apewinterton said...

Carter is such a good boy! Hannah still claims that she is going to marry him. :)