Saturday, December 19, 2009

Great start!

I can't even say how excited I am to have Lily home from school for two weeks! Aaron only works two days next week. We are going to have so much fun together! We started our Christmas break off great! We played at the park, then ate dinner at Culvers (kids' choice), then drove around to see Christmas lights.


My beautiful girl. When Lily gets home from school she changes out of her uniform into regular clothes. I love to see her choices. Today it was an orange shirt, a turquoise skirt, and a brown sequined vest tied together with her native american shirt tie. Luckily it sort of blended in with the turquoisy sequins and skirt. :)

We love teeter-totters. Uh, I think Carter and I make a pretty balanced pair, don't you?

Aaron makes everything so much fun. The kids can't get enough of him.


Carter played with Harold the helicopter in the sand almost the whole time at the park. He used to not like the sand because it was dirty...but now he loves it!


My honey. He's the greatest husband in the world.


Ummmm, yes, I still have six weeks left.

The not-so-great part of our break, which I won't even mention, includes being up with Lily for an hour in the night cause she didn't feel real well and some exciting times with Carter's diapers. I'll say no more.

Aaron is such a dream boat. He let me sleep in until 8:00!!! I don't know when that last happened. When I got up he had made pancakes for us all.

Carter got a train pancake. He thought it was the greatest thing ever.

Lily got a butterfly. Notice her lovely lipstick.


My dreamboat, right there.


More fun pancakes: a snowflake, a saguaro cactus, a circle, and a swirl.


My special pancake was baby Hazel all swaddled up tight.

After breakfast we worked our tails off to clean up the kitchen and family room. See, what a great start to our Christmas break!

6 comments:

Kristy's Garden said...

What a fun Christmas break! Those are the most creative pancakes I've ever seen .... hurray for the chef! I love you and miss you all. Merry Christmas

Kimberly said...

You are having so much fun! Looks like a good time. You guys are a great family. :)

Anonymous said...

We woke up to SNOW Saturday morning-by this mornnig there was approximately 12". Grant and the boys went out every four inches to shovel and use the snow blower.
Bishop called yesterday to say that church was cancelled today. (Weird, no Christmas program...) MD. and DE. have both called a state of emergency, so no surprise when the call came in saying school's cancelled tomorrow as well. It's nice to be warm and safe and dry inside our little home. We have plenty of hot cocoa, cider, and I made a big pot of Senate Bean Soup yesterday. Today after Grant and the boys cleared snow from 3 member family's yards we had a great breakfast. (though we could have used some of Aaron's pancakes!)I have a roast in the oven and finished wrapping ALL our presents. Grant and Nathan are out helping Joyce Bab with her snow now. Merry Christmas to the PHX Robisons!

Nancy Page said...

You do have a dreamboat. Don't tell him that we said that though, we wouldn't want his head to get too big. HEHE!!
That all sounds like a great start to a great Christmas break!
I think that we need to get Koa nd Carter together more. They are so much alike it seems.
I have to tell you, too that all your pictures that you post are just beautiful. You and your husband are very good photographers!

Emilee said...

What creative pancakes- go Aaron! You are the most adorable pregnant person, of course! And I think Lily's outfit was pretty adorable.

Corbin said...

Merry Christmas! Looks like your family has been up to a lot of fun... You look so adorable with your bump!