Monday, November 9, 2009

Another birthday


I had a very happy birthday. My family made me feel very special that day. My mom made me a delicious zucchini cake. The zucchinis were grown in my dad's garden and the walnuts were grown on my grandpa's tree. Lily and Carter helped mom frost the cake. They love licking the beaters!


Dad was so sweet and thoughtful. He sent me off to get "that thing done to your feet." My first pedicure ever. Isn't that so thoughtful for a dad to come up with?! We had dinner at a restaurant that I love. It's called Neapolitan. It's delicious italian food.


As you can see, for Aaron it was more work than pleasure. He sure did give me a break by wrestling Carter that evening. He also made me crepes for breakfast that morning. What a dear.


Growing up my mom put a special table cloth on the table for our birthdays. To me, it's the epitome of birthday. You put that on the table and the whole house feels birthday-y. She was so sweet to bring it with her and put it on my table for my birthday.

Thank you, Aaron, Lily, Carter, Mom and Dad for a wonderful birthday!

16 comments:

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday, Jilly Bean! Glad to hear it was a good one. Your family sure loves you!

Jenny said...

CUTE birthday pictures Jill! Your cake is so cute with all those fun flowers. I'm glad Dad sent you off for a pedicure, (my fav!)
I sure love you lots Sis!

Kimberly said...

Happy Bday! I am so glad you had such a great day. And as for pedicures... aren't they just heavenly!

Ken Roberts said...

Happy Birthday cute girl. I'm glad you have wonderful people taking care of you, you deserve it!

Argh!-This is not Ken-it's Nancy :)

Caprice Preston said...

Happy Birthday Jill. Glad you had a great day.

Pam said...

Happy birthday a little late.

We sure love you and your family!

Erin said...

Happy belated birthday to you! What a great day you had.

Rachel D. said...

I remember your mom always put cute things on your b-day cakes...didn't one year she put a toilet on your cake? Am I just imagining that?

Kristen Ford said...

Happy Birthday Jill! Looks like a wonderful birthday and a wonderful visit with family...you deserve all that special pampering! We love you.

Jaren Ford said...

jill
I didnt speak to you on your birthday. My fault. Happy Birthday to you. Love you

Jaren

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday, JILL!! Your so beautiful!

Emilee said...

BEAUTIFUL family picture! How fun to celebrate your birthday with your thoughtful parents. And please say hi to Aaron for me!

Melinda Ford said...

I feel so out of it! How can you have 12 comments before I even see that you have a new post? Im so glad you had such a great birthday! And a pedicure? (Insert whistle that means wow here) There's only one thing that's better...massage. Pedicure is way up there! Hope you enjoyed it enough for the two of us (or four of us) :)

apewinterton said...

Happy Birthday! You sure look great!

Beth said...

Jill, I am so lame and I totally forgot your birthday. What a great friend. Well Happy Birthday. I hope it was a great one. That was nice to have your parents there. Your tummy is so cute. Love the Halloween pictures!

Nancy Page said...

I guess i'm really late in saying Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a great day!