Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween spookables!

My mom and dad came to visit for Halloween! We're so happy to have them here!


We made our yummy sugar cookies. Grandpa got pretty fancy with the frosting.




Carving pumpkins was a lot of fun. Lily drew the cutest face with star eyes. Carter requested moon-shaped eyes.


Left to right: Carter & Jill's, Lily's, Grandpa's, Aaron's.


Lily dressed up as Tinkerbell when she was born. If you have a little girl, you probably know that Tink was not born an infant.


Ah! A witchy and a princess! That's the sweetest witch I know! Lily designed this costume for me. As I was hurriedly finishing sewing the kids' trick-or-treat bags, she came to me with this outfit and said it was my princess costume. It ended up winning the "cutest adult costume" at our church's trunk-or-treat activity. Way to go, Lily!


Our un-traditional Halloween dinner. I used to make pumpkin stew. But seeing as how Aaron and the kids don't like it, I've quite making it.


Look at those Halloween spookables! Carter did not like Grandpa's costume one bit. He didn't want to go anywhere near him. Hence, the crying. Lily wasn't too impressed with his costume either! I can't understand why.


Tinkerbell and Peter Pan! Carter loved being Peter Pan. After his bedtime bath he insisted on wearing his Peter Pan costume to bed. He was the cutest little Peter Pan!

Boo!

10 comments:

Kimberly said...

Jill,
First of all, your sugar cookies look amazing! I'd love the recipe. Second, I love that your parents dressed up for Halloween. That is awesome! And third, your dad's pumpkin carving is professional. Wow! Looks like you guys had lots of fun!

jor-kel said...

We miss you guys!

Emily said...

Eva dressed up as Tinkerbell too and Kenna was Silvermist. We obviously need to have a tinkerbell girls movie night. Have you seen the second one? Looks like Halloween was a blast. We wish, we lived closer!

Kristine said...

Very cute. Looks like your family had a great Halloween

Romney Family said...

HOw fun!! you all look so cute and yeah for winning a costume award!!

Jenny said...

Carter's expression in the first picture is so cute!
I love Lily's star eyes on her pumpkin.
Mom and Dad's costumes were great :) So did Dad not wear his mask after your picture taking, or did he try to go trick or treating?
Looks like you had a very busy day, with pumpkin carving and fun cookie decorating and hanging out with Mom and Dad.
Love you all!!

Preeti Ann Temple said...

Jill!!

Sophie was tinkerbell and Justis was Peter Pan as well!! Your guys' costumes turned out great. Looks like Halloween was a blast!! :)

XOXO, Preeti

ATT Hickson said...

I love that you do costumes for your kids that go together. Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. So cute! We miss you guys!

Melinda Ford said...

How fun Jill! I'm glad you all had such a fun holiday (even if it was without us!) :)We love you guys! Thanks for putting up pics of your little pumpkins! And by this I mean your kids... We love em!

Geoff, Amanda and Katherine said...

Great costumes! I LOVE pumpkin stew, pumpkin soup, bread... We should get together because Geoff isn't fond of it either!