Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Great weekend and a sicky day

This weekend was awesome and a little crazy. Aaron and I attended our friends' beautiful wedding this weekend. Lily and Carter stayed with "Grandpa and Grandma Clark" who are really my aunt and uncle. Lily was feeling under the weather, so that changed our plans a bit. But we were able to attend the wedding and the kids had fun with their grandma and grandpa and cousins.




Carter adores "Grandpa." As long as he was with Uncle Neal this weekend, he was a happy camper. Uncle Neal sure is good with these kids. He plays with them and they have the greatest time together.


Cousin James, "Grandpa," and Carter, waving to a dump truck. I guess there was a bit of competition felt between the two little boys about their grandpa. Little does Carter know that James actually has more ownership of this Grandpa Clark!


Cousin Mary, Lily, and me after hunting for rocks in Grandpa and Grandma's streambed. They found a real geode and cracked it open. So cool! I also have to say that Aunt Chris (a.k.a. Grandma Clark) was an angel this weekend and took such good care of Lily when she was feeling unwell. Thank you, Chris!



I love being Lily and Carter's mom! Lily is on the mend but still a little under the weather so she stayed home today. I love having her home! We watched a Halloweeny movie together, colored, and then the kids made forts.


Lily snuggled in her fort with Lamby.

Carter backing out of his fort so I can't get his picture.


I love these kids! I adore them more than I ever thought humanly possible! They are both fun and surprise me with what they are capable of doing. I'm the luckiest mom in the world!

7 comments:

Jason said...

what a beautiful day to have a wedding. Love looking at the pictures. would love to visit some time.

RSP said...

You are a pretty lucky mom;)

Romney Family said...

Love the Halloween shirts!! You guys have such cute kids. It is so nice to have someone so special to leave your kids with when you need to go somewhere!! Being a mom truely is the greatest blessing!!!

Owen's Mommy said...

I love hearing on people's blogs how much they love their kids...rather than how difficult it is to be a parent. It is difficult, but it's great to acknowlege the good moments too! Thanks for your well wishes with Owen. We are doing great, but I hope Lily is feeling better too.

Jenny said...

Uncle Neal, and Aunt Chris are so wonderful!! That is so sweet that Lil, and Carter are so comfortable with them and love them like they do!!
Those forts sure look fun, brings back fun childhood memories! :)

jor-kel said...

Cool sheets!

Proudfit Family said...

there must be something going arund the classroom-- Wes stayed home alomst all last week. We are in our new house call me and come over and hang out!