Friday, October 23, 2009

Big kids' bedroom

Is our house shrinking? Or is our family just getting bigger? We're making room for Hazel. We moved Carter out of the nursery and into Lily's room. It is now called "the big kids' room!"


We brought Carter's bed in and made bunk beds for the kids. Lily is ecstatic to have bunk beds again and Carter likes that his bed is like a fort now. We got two cute little rugs to put on the floor that help define the room as Lily's and Carter's. It's been a great switch so far. The kids go down to bed well and I think it helps them feel more united.


My little goofies!

9 comments:

Erin said...

The only time I had my own room was my first year in college - and it was so lonely! So hip hip hooray for sharing rooms with siblings!

Leslie said...

They're so cute. You can tell how much they love each other. I never got to share a bunk bed with a sibling, and I totally feel like I missed out.

Kristy's Garden said...

I loooove that first picture of Lily and Carter .... you can tell Carter really enjoys being a big boy! So sorry to hear about your camera!... 6 more days!! WAHOO

Proudfit Family said...

I love those bunk beds -- we have the same ones!! It is always good for siblings to share. It helps them bond. We have an extra room and I still have the boys together they love it so much!

Kristen Ford said...

BUNKBEDS ARE SOOOO GREAT! They look so cute together like they are enjoying their new room! Hannah has been asking for a bunkbed for quite awhile...she was excited to see Lily and Carter's new digs!

Alisha said...

How fun! I would love to get bunk beds for my kids one day! How exciting to have the big kids room! Can't wait to see photos of baby Hazel once she comes out! :)

Melinda Ford said...

Cute Jill! Our kids love sharing a room too. They have so much fun together at night before pooping out. :) And I say, yes, houses shrink with time!

Beth said...

I love the pictures but there were no words. Hhmmmm??? Maybe I didn't wait long enough for it to load. I don't know. Either way I enjoyed looking at your blog.

Nancy Page said...

My girls have a bunk bed and they love it. What fun!