Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lovey dovey

Valentine's day was so fun this year. We spent lots of time together as a family playing at the park and just being together. We had a lovey dovey family dinner together and exchanged valentines.

Carter got an airplane full of love for Valentine's day. Have I ever mentioned that he loves things that go?

Aaron is truly Lily's dreamboat. She wants so badly to marry him. She made him a valentine with a hot air balloon on it. We love hot air balloons and see them several times a week, often with a picture of a cactus on the balloon. (Don't mind the overexposed faces!)
My heart melted when I saw the sweet valentine Lily made for me. She painted a picture of me on my wedding day, complete with painted fingernails and a lavendar and yellow bouquet.
Our friends threw an awesome prom-themed party. It was great to get together with friends to dance and play.

Aaron is my love now more than ever. It's amazing to see our love deepen as we experience life together. He is my best friend and my love.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Erin said...

You are such a cute mom Jill. I love your Valentine's traditions. You have such sweet children. Homemade gifts/cards/pictures are THE BEST.

Emilee said...

I like the prom-esque picture! You are such a beautiful couple!

Beth said...

Jill, I just love reading your blog. I want to squeeze your kids, but I am sure they would look at me funny since they have no clue who I am. :( You looked fabulous all dressed up for your party. Can I come over for some sugar cookies?

Nancy said...

I love the "Prom" picture. You guys are so cute together.

Melinda Ford said...

You guys are just such a fun sweet family! I love what Lily made for you. We kind of didn't really encourage a lot of Valentine things from our kids to us. I'll have to show you what J.J. made for me though (it's not nearly as Van Gogh as Lily's, but my heart melted too). What sweet little kids we have!

ATT Hickson said...

What a cute idea to make Valentines for each other. You are such a good mom!

jor-kel said...

That picture of Carter and his jet will probably go down in history either in Aaron's or Carter's office some day. Captured by a very good photographer is the intense inspection of proper landing gear operation performed by this 22 month old genius in the making.

Rachael said...

what a great picture of the two of you! You're so beautiful, Jill! What a fun valentine's day. You have sweet, sweet children!