Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Happy 30th!

Wahoo! I'm 30licious!

Turning 30 was not a difficult transition for me. Throughout my teen and young adult years I had a lot of friends in their 30s whom I admired and respected. They were mothers, they were happy with who they were, they lived the gospel of Jesus Christ, and they were babes. So I've been looking forward to this stage in my life.

Celebrations started with the 5k on Saturday morning, then dinner that evening at Red Robin. I looove their steak fries.



How many people can an ice cream sundae feed?


Early morning birthday surprises! The day was especially nice because Aaron got to be with us the whole day! No meetings!

Aaron and Lily made me crepes for breakfast. Notice Lily's tiny crepe in the pan and the teeny tiny spatula in her hand. Lamby ate that crepe.



Uncle Neal, Aunt Chris, Beth, and Natalie and her family drove all the way up from Tucson to surprise me. So kind. It was fun to see my little kids play with Natalie's kids.

Mom made a delicious lasagna dinner for the whole crew.

Aaron and Lily know me so well. They made me a rich nutella cake. Chocolate and hazelnut. It was so satisfying. And yes, I blew out all 30 candles in one blow.

You may have noticed that food was an important part of my celebration. That is for two reasons. 1. I take so much pleasure in eating good food. 2. I usually prepare and clean up after three meals every day (plus snacks). But on my birthday, each meal was prepared for me and cleaned up by others. It was an appreciated gift!

My family made my birthday really wonderful. Thank you for your love and birthday wishes.

9 comments:

Rachael said...

happy birthday, Jill! It is so fun to see your blog and catch up a bit. I thin it's AWESOME you ran a 5K. I'm trying to run more than once a year at this point. Tonight you've inspired me and I'm hopping on the loaner treadmill we just borrowed from friends. :)

Your kids are so cute and so grown up! It's hard not to think of Lily as a baby still. LOVE the tie-dye shirts and the non-carved pumpkins. You are such a fun mom!

Thanks for your nice comment on my blog - I always admired YOU in our Utah ward. That whole "east side" and "west side" thing made it tough to get to know each other, didn't it? Makes me grateful once again for blogs! I'm looking forward to checking yours!

Erin said...

You really did have a great birthday celebration! Yummy food is very important to me too. And I am so glad Lambie (I think that's how you spell it) got a crepe too.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you got just what you deserve! You're one of those kind of women that make 30 look easy! I love your dress by the way.

Romney Family said...

Happy belated birthday, Jill! It looks like you had a wonderful day!! I am with you I love to eat good food too but it sure is nice to have a day off from cleaning up after it!!

Emilee said...

I found your blog today and it was a pleasant trip down memory lane- way back to our freshman year! Where has the time gone? You have a beautiful family!! Lily is a mini, blonde, female Aaron.:) Happy, Happy Birthday to you- welcome to the 30's!

Steve and Hailey said...

Sorry, I followed your link from the Howell's blog. How old is your little boy? Are you in Utah? We have a year to Steve's PhD and then we will actually move. Jack is two and a half and another is on the way (May). It's fun to see your pictures.

ps I love your dress!

The Green's said...

Happy Birthday! Your boy is huge! How old is he? Lily is such a little Princess too! You guys are amazing.

Brooke said...

Happy (belated) birthday!! And 30 definitely is babalicious on you. :) I am in love with that dress you wore (the red and white one) and am coveting it!!!! You deserve all the best, Miss Jilly Bean. So glad we're in touch again. :)

Kristy's Garden said...

What a wonderful 30 years! What a fun birthday party. Aaron, your cake was delicious!
I love you 30ish girl.....