Friday, November 7, 2008

First race ever!

I wanted to run a race for my 30th birthday. I've never run a race and wanted to do something new and challenging. I chose a 5k the day before my birthday. Aaron, the kids, and Mom came to cheer me on.

Before the race. I was excited! The sky was blue and the weather was perfect.



Aaron and the kids waited on the side lines about a quarter mile from the end. I got a good luck kiss from Lily and ran on with renewed energy!


Mom was at the finish line. I hoped to finish the race in 35 minutes. I finished in 29 minutes!!


It felt great to run a race. I felt invigorated and a sense of accomplishment.


Some friends have invited me to do the Ragnar Relay del Sol with them in February. We'll have to see about that one! It sounds crazy fun and so challenging.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Leslie said...

Jill that is so awesome! Great time! And I love that you had so many personal cheerleaders. :)

Kristy's Garden said...

Jill, watching you run your race was so incredible!! I'm so happy I was here to watch you. It brought back so many wonderful memories of watching my three boys run their little hearts out in high school and college. I am so proud of you for crossing that finish line and coming in 121st out of almost 350 runners and you did it under 30 minutes... WAY TO GO GIRL!!
You are so awesome. I love you.
MOM

Nancy said...

Jill, Way to Go! You don't even look like you broke a sweat. I would look half dead if I tried to run a 5k, you look awesome. Congratulations! And Happy Birthday!

Alisha said...

Great job on doing the 5K...that's what I started with months ago, and now my marathon is less than 2 months away! I just ran the RagnarRelayTexas....it was AWESOME! I have to admit is was WAY HARDER than I ever thought it would be, but so worth it. YEAH FOR YOU!

Em said...

Way to go Jill! Looks like your brothers aren't the only runners in the family. It is good to hear from you and your fam!

DillChips said...

29 minutes!! That is a very good time... Congrats and Happy Birthday too!! It's invigorating and nice to have the family there especially a sweet girl like yours to cheer you on.
Count me in next time.

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

Way to go! That is such a great accomplishment! I wish I liked to run, but I just don't, so I don't know if I will ever have it in me to do something like that!

Lara Neves said...

I am envious! I could never do it. I totally admire you for taking it on! Congrats on the great time!

Jason said...

Way to go Jill!