Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween celebrations



Mom came to visit us for Halloween and my birthday. We were so glad to have her here. She took us to a pumpkin patch and we had a great time. There was a corn maze, train ride, petting zoo, pumpkins to find, cool bikes to ride, and more. We had so much fun together!


In the corn maze.


Carter loved this incredible tractor. He loves tractors. He has tractor toys, books, and it's his favorite word to say. He was blown away by how big this thing was.



We made sugar cookies...soft, thick, flavorful. Yum!


Lily is so good at frosting cookies.


Carter is so good at eating cookies!


We shared some with our neighbors.
We didn't carve our pumpkins this year. We decorated them with a kit Mom brought. You can see Lily's pumpkin on the table. Look closely, maybe you can see the lipstick and eyelashes on it.



My little cowpokes. I adore them!




We got to go trick-or-treating as a whole family. Lily was a pro. We got a kick out of watching Carter learn to trick-or-treat. He watched in joyful disbelief when people put candy in his bucket. After a while he gave me the bucket and carried a candy in each hand. By the end of the night the snickers bar was a melted squishy mess, inside the wrapper, luckily!

Yes, Carter's mustache is real. Someone actually asked us that.

The kids weren't the only ones loving their costumes. Aaron fell in love with the cowboy boots he wore that night. He's turning into a redneck!

Trick-or-treat!

8 comments:

Nathan and Annie Miller said...

What an adorable family you have! I love your kids blue eyes, they are so striking! I think that Lily looks a lot like you.

Erin said...

Lily is growing up! What a good helper in the kitchen too. And I love the costumes. I'm glad you had a great time with your mom too.

Aaron said...

You're doing a great job blogging! You and the kids are everything to me. Good job making kids' vests too. Do you like my belt buckle?

RSP said...

Fun pictures! You guys did a lot of festive things. Awesome. I can't believe how big Lily looks in these pictures, especially the one of you guys making cookies. She doesn't look like a little girl anymore, but totally a kid:( Crazy!

PS I can't believe someone asked if Carter's mustache was real.... you'd be amazed at the things people used to ask me;)

Kristine said...

Wow you guys all look great! Love the costumes.

Got your blog link from Lautenschlagers. ;)

Melinda Ford said...

JILL!!! I love this post. How fun...you did so many funs things for Halloween. I remember getting to go trick or treating with you. I hope we get to again! I love and miss you guys TONS!!! I can't believe how old Carter looks. Miss you all! XOXO

Nikki said...

Hey Jill! What a great site! I'm learning about blogging too. James does most of it, but I'm slowly catching on. We make 'Kris' Every Holiday Sugar Cookies' every year, starting in Halloween. It makes such a huge batch, I freeze it in ziplocks for Christmas, Valentines and any other occasion. It's fun to see your DARLING family! I sent you an invite.

jor-kel said...

Your blog is fantastic Jill. I really enjoy it, and I am sure your kids will as they grow up. It makes a good "scrapbook". I love you guys and miss you tons.