Thursday, January 26, 2012

Two!


Happy 2nd birthday, Hazel!!


How can my wee baby be two already? Where does the time go? I want to push pause and keep her this sweet, happy, snuggly, innocent thing for as long as possible.


She sincerely is a joy. She's like Mary Poppins...practically perfect in every way. She even unloads the dishwasher. Yes, you heard me right. She unloads the dishwasher. And puts her toys away while singing, "Clean up, clean up. Everybody do your share." And she snuggles me. Oh, I wish I could keep her in this stage for just a little while longer.



We started the birthday off right...with a partay in the morning! Crepes for breakfast...



...and a pile of presents!



Look at the excitement and intrigue on her face!





It's a lovely necklace from her GreatPapa Sperry. Thank you, Papa.



More excitement. She really knew how to respond when opening her presents. It was so cute.


All dolled up! She loves this dress.


These two cute little girlies are Hazel's favorite pals. They were born within ten days of each other. We had a really simple birthday party and invited these girls, along with their moms and siblings.


Cupcakes! Hazel anticipated her birthday with balloons, cupcakes, and a party with her friends. A side note, see the tablecloth on the table? It is my mom's. She had it on our table for all of our birthdays growing up. I love that tablecloth. I love that it's a real linen rather than a plastic cloth. And I love the continuity found in having it at all our family's birthdays over the years. I made a banner to match it. I love that little banner. I had fun making it and hope it will have the same effect as the tablecloth, linking family members together through our birthday traditions.






We finished off the night with a dinner party at Red Robin!





She got shy when the servers sang to her. She snuggled in to me and hid her face...peaking out every now and then. She liked the whipped cream!


Just for fun, Daddy's boots. I thought it was so funny when she wanted to put these on. She couldn't step into them herself so I helped her out. Once she got them on, she felt pretty proud to be in Daddy's boots.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Very fun party! She is so cute. I can't believe she is two either. Feels like she was just born. I remember that time so well.

Kristen Ford said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET HAZEL! I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE TWO. WHAT A BEAUTIFUL PRINCESS YOU MAKE!

Nancy Page said...

"They are toddlers now'" she says with a tear in her eye. i love the expressions on her face while opening her presents.. priceless. oh and Emery helps me unload the dishwasher, too. She even puts the silverware in the right drawer, not in the right spot becasue she can barely reach but they are in the drawer. I should take a picture of it and blog it. It's so cute!

Trevlyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Hazel! Wow is time flying! Her facial expressions are just priceless and I think I need a closer view of that heirloom tablecloth! :)

Jenny said...

I love this sweet little birthday girl, she is so precious!! xoxo

Hewitt Family said...

I love the 2 year old birthday! She is a cutie. I love the black outfit you have her in at the beginning of the post. So darling! Also, your header picture is so fun. I love it.