Thursday, January 13, 2011

Mele Kalikimaka!

My parents traveled to Hawaii to celebrate their 25th anniversary last year. Needless to say, they fell in love with the islands. My parents adore flowers and while in Hawaii, my mom was smitten with the exotic Protea flower. My sweet dad surprised my mom on Christmas Eve with a fresh arrangement of Protea flowers sent from Hawaii.

When my mom dressed for the day she put on her Hawaiian dress and shell laie. I wondered if she knew what would be arriving at our house, so I asked her why she decided to wear her Hawaiian dress and laie. She responded, "I just love them and wanted to wear them." She had no clue, but it fit my dad's plan perfectly!




They were both excited and she was so surprised! I loved watching them. It was sweet to see my parents like this together.


Since there was one Hawaiian gift on Christmas Eve, we went ahead and opened a Hawaiian themed gift my parents brought back for our family.





Jewelry for the girls, presented in gift boxes made of sea shells.


The boys got t-shirts. Carter was not impressed with a t-shirt and my mom could tell. Earlier in the visit, Carter noticed a zipper pull on my mom's purse that had their cruise ship floating in it. Carter loved it when he saw it. My mom had my dad stealthily run and get the zipper pull for Carter. When he received it, his face lit up and he said, "It matches Grandma's!" He still doesn't know that it is Grandma's!


My favorite thing in the package was a book my mom made that detailed their cruise and excursions. The pictures were beautiful.

It was fun to have a Hawaiian gift on Christmas Eve.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is really beautiful. It is fun and comforting to see your parents in love :)

Jenny said...

Jill, I didn't hear about this sweet gift to Mom from Dad, I'm so glad you posted it! So sweet, Dad is very thoughtfull! Wasn't their Hawaii book so amazing!
The kids are sooo cute! I love Hazy's hair, I want to hug and kiss her!!

Lisa said...

Oh how we miss seeing you guys! I love your updates so we can know a little of what is going on in your lives. My favorite pic is Hazel's hair, too funny :)