Thursday, February 27, 2014

Feeling so blessed: Gilbert Temple and Chihulies



 A new temple for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints was built in Gilbert. Before the building is dedicated and used for worship by members, there is an open house for any and all visitors who'd like to come inside. It is a golden opportunity to take my children to the temple and give them an idea of why I love it there.  The temple is a holy house of worship where I have covenanted with God to obey His commandments and serve Him throughout my life. It is where I was married to my incredible husband and which allows us to be a family for eternity. It is a place of calm peace where I feel Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ's love for me.
It was a delight to have my parents here to tour the temple with us.

 The Gilbert temple is absolutely stunning. It is built and crafted beautifully and with care. But the most important part is that it is a house of God. I feel the Spirit of God when I am there.

The super good news is that a lovely temple is being built in Phoenix, not far from our home!

After our tour of the Gilbert temple, we visited the Desert Botanical Garden. I've been wanting to take my plant-loving dad there for years. Surprise bonus...there was an exhibit of Dale Chihuly's blown glass! I've loved his art work since I was a teenager. He's from Tacoma, Washington.


 My mom is so awesome. She makes suckers. She made them for us when we were kids, and now she makes them for her grandkids.

 Contemplating the universe.




 Love birds. xo



 In case you're wondering...don't touch the Chihulies. If you do, security will be on you in seconds. That's what we've heard.

 Playing in dirt with a stick. Gotta love it. Each kid had a turn with the stick. It was a sad moment when we decided to leave it behind.








 
We turned around at one point and found a lady taking a picture of Hazel! She loved that Hazel was all dressed in white and matched the white Chihulies amongst the cactus skeletons. And of course Hazel was being her cute, delightful, dancey little self, which made her irresistible. The lady was right, it looked cool, so we snapped the same picture!
 



We had sooo much fun with Grandma and Grandpa in the garden amongst the nature and art.

 
Check out these cool Chihulies. I think they're the best of the whole exhibit. 
 

1 comment:

Kristy's Garden said...

How fun for me to reminisce the wonderful time we had at the Gilbert Temple and the Botanical Gardens through our pictures! Plus+ I love your journaling accounts.